Friday, September 19, 2008

New York New York!!

We had a great opportunity to go stay with some friends (Jimmy and Jen Macfarlane thanks guys!) In New York city! They have a really cute place just above central park! We were able to go see different things all over the city! We did a tour that let us see most of the city, we went to canal street and I got a cute purse. We went to central park and it was a really neat get away in the middle of the the huge city. We went and saw Mary Poppins on broad way, it was really cute and fun to see I like wicked better but it was still really cute! Jimmy and Jen took us to some great restaurants and showed some neat places in the city! Our friends the Dansies were nice enough to watch Braxton for us so we were able to do a lot more. It was hard to leave him but it was a nice little break. Traffic is crazy there though when we were trying to leave it took us 1 hr and 45 min to go a little over a mile! People don't pay much attention to traffic laws. We saw a sign that said honking was a $350 fine. I don't really think that is enforced much because that is a lot of honking. But we had a great time thanks again Jimmy and Jen for letting us stay with you!




10 comments:

Stanford Family said...

I'm so jealous. I've never been to NY before...Maybe one day. Look's like fun. Miss you guys!

Texie said...

Hi Amanda! I'm glad you came across our blog! Ohio, Wow!! Your little man is a cutie! I'll keep checkin in on your cute little family!

The Cassity's said...

What a fun vacation. I have always wanted to see NYC. I wish I had friends in New York.

HeiDi SpeNdLoVe said...

That looks like so much fun! I am jealous. I would love to go to NY one day.....

Stacy said...

How fun!! I am so jealous I would love to see New York! I am glad you guys have so many opportunities to do such awesome things!

JMe said...

Sweet! I'm sure it's hard to be so far away from your families while Kevin is in school, BUT...look at all the cool things you guys are able to do back east! I've never been to NY. Maybe someday!

Perry's said...

yay - I love NYC, so glad you got to go! And without a kid in tow, even better. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Apparently NY was the hotspot for this break!

Perry's said...

Oh yeah and I still want to play rockband sometime I still never have been introduced to this obsession everyone talks about!

Jen said...

Cute post! So fun to have you guys!

KW said...

Hey it looks like things are going well. What a fun trip. I've always wanted to go to NY. I'm jealous! brax is getting so big. Time flys it's crazy.
Kylee