Thursday, July 24, 2014

Braxton 8th Birthday Party!!

Nerf Party

Braxton originally wanted us to do laser tag for his birthday but I told him he could only invite 8 friends so then he changed his mind.  We decided a Nerf party would be a lot of fun and it was.  He loved it and it was pretty easy to put together!   We had 14 little boys running around shooting each other what could be better then that?
These were the invitations we sent out and I loved how they turned out!  I was just going to do Braxton and Corbin in the pictures then Dylan came over and wanted to be included so the boys told him to put his hands up and he did I just love his expression on his face so fun! 
 There are no Nerf cakes at the store so unless I wanted to spend a lot of money on a cake I decided to do it myself.  This was the first time I did fondant and it was actually a lot easier then I thought and the cake turned out pretty good.  I don't really like frosting so I was not a big fan of eating the fondant but it is easy to take off the cake. 
 We had the boys split up into teams and they received safety glasses and plenty of bullets.  We had some extra Nerf guns for people to use but most people brought their own. 
 We decided the boys needed plenty of room to run around and be wild so we used the gym at the church and it worked out great.  We used the tables as things to hide behind and then we did different games like capture the flag, zombie tag, and a  lights out version (we had glow sticks for that).  The kids had a blast and they were all worn out and sweaty after that.  
The blue team consisted of: Corbin, Jack Blackwell, Jacob Childs, Braxton, Sean Elsworth, Ty Kuwata, and Heath Rawlings.
The Yellow team consisted of Chris, Sam, David, Jack,  Luke and Andrew Adams, and Ben Childs. 
Braxton was spoiled with Lego sets, Pokemon cards, Nerf guns and some other toys.  He had a great time and we were grateful to everyone who came.!

0 comments: