Thursday, July 17, 2014

Beach Trip

We decided to drive to California for a long weekend Beach trip.  We stayed in a city called Cardiff by the Sea.  There was a really nice beach there in Encinitas it was close to the parking lot they had a nice close bathrooms and access to food.  The upper part of the beach was really nice they had sand that was brought in with picnic tables, fire-pits, volleyball and a playground.  It was really convenient and nice for people with kiddos
 My parents were able to come and it was great spending time with them.  Corbin and Dylan loved playing in the sand the first day they spent hours playing in a big hole and the second day they had a blast playing in this little stream!  My mom was not very interested in playing in the ocean so she played with kids on the beach which I was grateful for because then I could play in the ocean.  
 I love playing in the Ocean and body boarding.  I wish I knew how to surf but since I don't that is a lot of fun.  I convinced Kevin that now that we live closer we should by wet suits.  I was so excited that we did it made it easy to play in the ocean for hours I hate being cold!!
This was the first time Braxton tried Body boarding and he was so fun to watch and he had a blast.  We rented him a wet suit and he was happy he played in the water I think for 3 hrs straight.  On the second day I was pointing some wave out to him he could try and get and he told me, "Mom those are beginner waves I can get bigger ones then that!"  Apparently after one day he was an expert.  It was to bad though just before we went to leave we all go out of the ocean and Brax said he wanted to stay in to catch one more big one so my dad watched him from the beach while we were cleaning up.  He said brax going out farther then he normally does so Kevin started walking out there but Braxton had asked a guy next to him if he could help pull him in where he could touch.  The life guard had seen him from the tower and also went to help I guess he got stuck in a little tide that was carrying him out.  I have never seen a life guard as attentive and active as this guy we were in good hands.  Brax was not out that far but it just scared him because he could not touch but I think now he knows to come in with the rest of us.   Luckily he had a lot of fun so he still wants to go again. 

0 comments: