DORTHY TIPPIN
(aka Grandma Tippin, My Dad's Mom)
Grandma Tippin, Braxton and Grandpa Tippin
My Grandma was very special to me, we had a lot in common. She taught me the love of taking pictures and she was the first one to introduce me to scrapbooking. Grandma always had her camera everywhere she went! When we would go on trips or drives she would always be stopping to take pictures I loved it! When I was about 10 yrs old I got to go on a little trip with Grandma without any other grandkids I was so excited. We we went up to the mountains and went searching for rocks. I was really into rock collecting at the time, but I loved just being with Grandma. She took interest in my hobbies and helped me to explore them and learn more about them. We both loved scrapbooking so when we would get together we would love to see what each other has done with our scrapbooks and get new ideas. I always looked forward to visiting Grandma.
Grandma loved to travel she has been all over the world, I tried to get her to take me with her on her big trips but I guess I was too big to fit in the suitcase. I loved that she went all over I have always said I want to be like my Grandma Tippin. She lived life to its fullest and enjoyed everything she did. She loved nature I think if you look at her pictures books half of her albums are some beautiful scenery. In fact she was in Mexico one time and she was trying to get some pictures of some ruins, but Grandma had to get a better picture so she hiked up into a area that was off limits. Pretty soon the Mexican police were looking for the person who was trespassing. Luckily she did not get caught, Mexico is not the place you want to be in jail. But that is typical of Grandma she would do what ever she could to get a good picture.
I want Grandpa Tippin to know that we are all thinking about him and praying for him. I know we all Loved Grandma so much! It is so sad that she is gone. It is a comfort to know that she is in a better place. I am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge it gives to us. I know that I will see her again. Grandma has had a wonderful life and is very loved she will be missed but she will not be forgotten.



7 comments:
I'm so sorry :( I'm also really close to my Grandma, so I can't imagine not having her around. i hope your family is doing ok. I know it's hard not being closer to them in this situation. But yes, it is so comforting to have the knowledge of the gospel and also the atonement. You will be with her again.
So sorry to hear that Amanda, sounds like she was a pretty awesome lady! Our prayers are with you..
Sorry to hear about your grandma. That is a very unexpected way to go. I'm glad you have such great memories of her and writing a tribute is an excellent way to remember the great influence she had on your life!
i am sorry about your grandma amanda. let me knwo if i can do anything for you... and what i can do to help you for friday.
i'm sorry to hear about your grandma. we will see you guys on friday, what can i do to help?
Sorry about your grandma! That's so sad! She sounds like she was an amazing person!
I am sorry Amanda, I can tell how much you love her! I could see it in your eyes when you told us about it. Please know I am here for you whenever you need me!
Post a Comment