Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer FUN

This summer we have had a lot of fun however I have not been that good about actually taking pictures.  I think it was because I did not want to have more pictures I needed to scrapbook.  Well not really I was just getting lazy about doing it.  We have spent the summer swimming, playing at parks, and hanging out with friends.  The boys have loved swimming and Braxton even learned to swim this summer with out lessons maybe this winter I will sign him up for lesson so he can get better. 

We had the opportunity to go camping with one of my good friends from Utah.  Crystals family was camping at  The Cove Palisades State Park, it was about 2 hrs from us near Bend Oregon. We drove through some beautiful areas to get there as we got closer we were wondering where in the world are we going camping.  It looked like we were going to camp in a field with no trees.  As we got closer we realized that there is big canyon and there was a lake in there it was pretty neat.  
 These are some of the only pictures I took camping how sad is that!  But the boys enjoyed their Popsicle on a hot day! 
 A  ice cream truck came through  the campground everyday. 
 The beautiful lake area, I realized that I did not take any pictures so I snapped these as we were driving home.

 After we went camping Crystal, her kiddos, and her sister came to stay with us on their way up to Seattle to  visit her parents.  We had a great time I loved having them out here, however I don't think I got one picture of me and crystal! 
 The kids had a blast together, we went to the coast to show them around.  We checked out the crabbing dock and people were really nice about showing the kids their catches for the day.  They are all checking out a starfish here.
 Braxton was the only one willing to hold this giant Crab some random guy caught!
 Goofy Kids, Kali, Corbin and Braxton
 Playing in the waves!  

 A starfish we found floating around!
 Exploring caves! Corbin, Crystal, Kali, Courtney, and Braxton

These two had so much fun playing together.  They got along so well and it made it so easy because they would just go off and play!  When Kali left Braxton said, "Mom I miss Kali now who am I supposed to talk to and play with"  I said, "Your brother and us".  Braxton, "Mom it needs to be someone my age!"  

1 comments:

Stanford Family said...

We had so much fun with you guys this summer!! Thanks for letting us stay with you! Kalli really misses Braxton. They were so cute together. I'm sad that I didn't get any picture with you. Next time!!