Friday, March 27, 2009

CHICAGO VACTION

We just got back from out trip to Chicago! We had a really good time and got to see a lot of things!  We went to the aquarium,  some museums the Sears Tower, Lego Land, and just seeing the sights!  Our hotel was really nice and right in downtown and by a lot of different things we were impressed how nice it was for the deal we got!  We took the subway and lot and that was Braxtons favorite part he LOVED the CHOO CHOO he wanted to ride it all the time! The only bad part of the trip was that I got sick with a pretty nasty cold the first day we were out there! I was coughing and stuffy it was not very fun!  Why do I get sick when we are trying to do something fun? Why can't I get sick when I have to be a work or something that I don't want to do!  By the end of each day walking around in cold windy Chicago I was pretty exhausted!  But it was worth it I made it through and we had a good time!  Braxton did not sleep that well on the trip and we would wake up in the middle of the night and hear him getting into the fridge to eat the grapes or get a snack, it is funny how little kids think they are so sneaky but they are making so much noise!  But overall he did really good on the trip and tolerated us dragging him all over the place! We had a lot of fun and it was just nice to get a little break! But it is also nice to come home! 
Braxton waking up from his nap! Oh how we love naps!
The dirty subway tunnel this station was the worst one they all were not this bad but we had to take a picture it was pretty nasty!
The Chicago Theater! 
Look we got to take our picture with the President Obama!
Braxton and Kevin had a lot of fun making this Lego Car and driving it down the track Braxton LOVED IT! 
Oh No! We got eaten by a Lego lion!
Going through the lava at Lego land
Waiting to go in the jungle at Lego land!
This huge Giraffe guarded the door to Lego land it is amazing what they can build out of Lego's
One view from the Sears Tower! 
Braxton and Dad at the Sears Tower!
A bugs world at the Field Museum!
Some of these bugs were huge and snapped it scared Braxton and he kept asking to go bye bye but now that we are home he keeps talking about the snapping bug!
Braxton was not to sure about the giant centipede
Sue the Dinosaur at the Field Museum!
The Field Museum
The Shedd Aquarium, they have a cool oceanarium  exhibit with whales and dolphins but of course it was closed to renovation when we were there so we did not get to see them!
This was a tank full of Sharks they are kinda hard to see but it was pretty cool! 
I don't think this fish really wanted his picture taken!
Braxton trying to row the canoe! 
Could you believe catching a fish this big! 
Braxton loved the swimming pool we went swimming a couple times and he had a ball! 
Braxton and dad having a talk on the metal couch! 
Ring around the Rosy
This was pretty cool it was in the middle of a mall at the Navy Pier!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

sarah and jeremy said...

How fun! Is that at a zoo? He's getting so big.

Tyler and Sunni said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go out and have some fun. How are you feeling now?

Bart and Krista said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. We went last year for our Spring Break and it was FREEZING. You got some great pics.

Lindsay said...

Looks like a super fun trip! Glad you had fun!

KyleandAmanda said...

Fun trip! I want to go to Chicago before we move. Lego land looks really cool.

The Cassity's said...

That makes me think that we really need to make it out to see Matt's brother out there. Looks like you guys had fun.

Familly said...

That looks like so much fun. Congrats on being pregnant, that's so exciting...

Megan said...

AWESOME trip!!! I can just imagine how refreshing it was to have a break. What fun for Braxton, too!