I decided I would go to a Wilton Cake Decorating class at Joannes. One of my friends out here Sunni was willing to take it with me, it has been pretty fun. It was a lot more expensive then I thought it would be, not because the class was a lot but there is a lot of stuff you have to buy! But I thought that stuff would be nice to have around anyway so I can make cakes. I have NEVER been good at baking and I am trying to get better at this. Last year I made a cake for Kevin birthday and it was pretty pathetic. So after seeing multiple friends of mine (Hollie and Ashley) become amazing at decorating cakes because of this class I thought I would give it a try. So this rainbow cake was my first attempt I have to say I kinda impressed my self a little bit! I messed up on the letters a little bit but by this time my hand was a little numb and I was done decorating the cake but overall it turned out pretty good. I guess I will have to see what I make next week! (By the way Braxton is not really 3 yet I just put that on the cake)
11 months ago



7 comments:
Yummy cake! I took cake decorating classes when I was 12. It was way fun, but now I don't know how to do any of it. :(
Cute cake, you did a good job!! I took a Wilton cake decorating class about a year ago, it was fun and I learned alot. I have to agree on the cost, there are alot of things to buy. Hope you guys have a good week!!
MANDA--you did such a GREAT JOB:) YAY!! it looks sooo CUTE!! I loved taking those clases..well..i skipped class #2 and did only l & 3..i dont know what they do out there..But in the ads they have 40% off coupons every week for Michaels and Joannes.....so i used that on my kit...help slim the cost a ton..so if they do that..Cut that coupon out;) Im SO EXCITED to see your other cakes you come up with:) and im glad you are taking it with a friend..i took it alone..and it was fine..there were only like 3 other people in my class..and i did skip out on class a couple times cuz i didnt make my cakes i was assigned to..haha oops:( But i Learned a ton!! Keep goin man..you are doing GREAT:)
Cute! I certainly cannot frost a cake and make it look so smooth! What a fun class! We need to play soon!
Cute cake. That would be such a fun class. I'm jealous.
You are profesh! What a fun new hobby! Wish you lived close enough to make me a cake! :)
Amanda, the cake looks fabulous. I look forward to the class each week to see our new creations. Oh, and your kitchen looks gorgeous.
Post a Comment